- This event has passed.
2018 Back to School Workshop
January 12 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
**Please note that this is not a Shine From Within event. It’s being run by one of our trained youth mentors, through her own business. We love to support our youth mentors (because they’re great!) and so we share their events on our website. This means we have no part in the creation or delivery of this workshop so please do check them out for yourself. Please click on the link at the bottom of this page (it’s probably a Facebook link) to see the details and book in directly.**
‘Grateful For Me’ presents our next workshop focusing on…
‘2018 Back to School’
~Helping to ease anxiety & worries with starting a new school year~
We understand that starting a new year is full of possibilities, lots of excitement to see your friends again, make new friends, a new classroom, new teacher and many more! These feelings of excitement can also be mixed with many worries, unknowns and ‘what if’s’!
We are here to help guide and provide useful tools and techniques for your girls to help them understand that it is very common and normal to feel these feelings.
Does your daughter get quite overwhelmed and nervous with change?
She’s not too sure how to calm these anxious feelings?
It’s a lot for the girls to deal with all at once and we will help ease them into their new year with confidence and excitement and all ready for a positive and amazing 2018!
We want your daughter to know that she is not alone in feeling these feelings through our group discussions in a safe and welcoming environment.
If this is resonating with you and sounds perfect for your daughter, then we would love to see her at our workshop!
What your daughter will experience in this workshop:
– 2018 Goals
– Breathing techniques to use at home and school for anxiety
– Viisualisation meditation
– Guidance with making new friendships and how to be a good friend
– Group conversations about common issues when starting a new year at school in a safe and loving environment.
– Slowing down the mind & being present
– Group activities focusing on our topic
– Making like-minded friends
– Confidence building games
– Active listening
We want to spoil her more with:
– Making her own ‘worry pet’ to take home
– Her own take home work book on our topic
– Calming technique cards to use at home
– Morning Tea – Healthy snacks and drinks will be provided (please let us know if your daughter has any allergies)
– 3 hours of fun, laughter and most of all expanding into the best versions of who they are!
– Age 8-12 years (For your daughter to get the most out of our workshop this is the recommend age)
– Please arrive from 8:45am so we can start the event by 9am
– Collection of your daughter is from 12pm
– Tickets are non-refundable or transferable to another workshop
– All material and information presented by Grateful For Me is intended to be used for educational purposes only. Our workshop and all information is based on our personal experience, journey and research.
– Ticket sales are limited to keep the space intimate and not too intimidating for your daughter. So please don’t hesitate to secure your ticket!
We are so excited and bursting with joy to be a part of helping make a difference in your daughter’s bright future!
Jo & Suz xx