Hailing from the U.S. Josh is the best-selling author of ‘The Teen’s Guide to World Domination,’ has spoken at Harvard, Stanford and MIT Universities and is a recognised teen expert for media outlets such as MTV, CNN, Fox, The New York Times and Good Morning America. His documentary series, TEEN TROUBLE (on A&E) followed his ground breaking work with teens. He’s worked with groups of parents, educators and mental health professionals and has spoken to over 2 million teens live.
In this interview we chat about:
– his journey of 15 different foster homes and how he got through it due to the love and patience of his last foster parents.
– how one caring stable adult in a child’s life can make the difference, even when it’s so easy to doubt in the moment that you are making a difference.
– his belief that we can do good in the world and still be able to put food on the table for our own families too.
– how he got started speaking in schools.
– his top 3 tips for a compelling speech.
– the importance of challenging your audience.
Whether you’re a parent yourself or are someone who’s wanting to build a business as a youth speaker/mentor – you’ll LOVE this episode and this very inspiring man.
Listen now or download now:
You can find Josh’s incredible work at JoshShipp.com.
Make sure you share the podcast with your friends and subscribe on your favourite podcasting app!
I’d love to know what you thought about this episode….please leave a comment below if anything stood out for you from what Josh shared with us. And of course you can always comment below to let us know about any other people you’d like me to interview or any other topics you’d like us to cover.