Mandy Dante is the CEO & Founder of Flourish Girl. She is an ex-speech pathologist, TEDx Speaker, Model and an Australian Accredited Facilitator. Mandy is the first-senior female facilitator at The Rites of Passage Institute and is paving the way for their school programs for teenage girls across QLD, VIC & SA. To date, Mandy has worked with over 4000 young people across Australia. Mandy’s passion originated from being a speech pathologist, where she empowered children with a range of communication disorders to find their voice. Towards the end of 2016, Mandy found that the rate of depression, anxiety and eating disorders amongst teenage girls were on a rise and it was in that moment that she found herself shifting her passion and focus towards giving teenage girls a voice. Flourish Girl is a not for profit organisation that delivers transformative Rite of Passage social & emotional wellbeing programs for teenage girls, parents & teachers.
In this episode…
- How to create a space for teens to open up and raise their voice
- Tips for working with teens in a school setting
- Activism amongst teens and teaching them to understand other people’s opinions and giving them the courage to speak their mind
- Tips for parents to hold a space for their teens to open up
- Tips for mentors looking to work with teens within schools
You can find Mandy at
And if you want to work with teens too, head to Youthmentors.shinefromwithin.com.au to learn more about our Youth Mentor Training and download the quiz to find out your youth mentor archetype!