In this episode Claire shares:
Tips on supporting young people with learning difficulties, including:
- Being mindful of how we position a persons strengths or what they are goingt o be good at when they finish school
- Adopting a growth mindset
- Being mindful of how we give feedback
- Not ‘pidgeon-holing’ someone into any area
- What a learning difficulty is and how it might present
- How to celebrate strengths, succeed at University and thrive in any career with a learning disability
You can find Claire at:
And if you want to work with teens too, head to Youthmentors.shinefromwithin.com.au to learn more about our Youth Mentor Training and download the quiz to find out your youth mentor archetype!
We acknowledge and pay respects to the Traditional Custodians of the lands on which we run our workshops and business.
We welcome students of all social, cultural, community and family backgrounds, and of all identities, and all abilities. Shine from Within is LGBTQIA+ friendly. Read our complete commitment to our social and environmental impact here.
Shine From Within® and Shine On The Inside® are registered trademarks of Amanda Rootsey T/A Shine From Within ABN 79216354231