In this episode I chat with Claire Curyer from White Blank Pages. Claire was diagnosed with dyslexia early on in her schooling and at the age of 11, she had the reading and writing of a 7 year old. Although the traditional schooling style and learning proved to be difficult for her, it did not hinder her ambition, which saw her successfully complete University and create a high achieving career. Now, as a career coach, she couples her professional career experience developed through a decade of hands of marketing experience, student engagement and project management over a diverse range of industries, with her personal breakthroughs to bring to you, grounded, relatable and modern mentoring.
In this episode Claire shares:
Tips on supporting young people with learning difficulties, including:
- Being mindful of how we position a persons strengths or what they are goingt o be good at when they finish school
- Adopting a growth mindset
- Being mindful of how we give feedback
- Not ‘pidgeon-holing’ someone into any area
- What a learning difficulty is and how it might present
- How to celebrate strengths, succeed at University and thrive in any career with a learning disability
You can find Claire at:
And if you want to work with teens too, head to Youthmentors.shinefromwithin.com.au to learn more about our Youth Mentor Training and download the quiz to find out your youth mentor archetype!
We acknowledge and pay respects to the Traditional Custodians of the lands on which we run our workshops and business.
Shine from Within welcomes students of all social, cultural, community and family backgrounds, and of all identities, and all abilities. Shine from Within is LGBTQIA+ friendly. Read our complete commitment to our social and environmental impact here.
Shine From Within® and Shine On The Inside® are registered trademarks of Amanda Rootsey T/A Shine From Within ABN 79216354231