In this episode Tanya focuses on:
- How Girl Shaped Flames came about
- The evolution of her events from school programs to her inaugural Camp Courage
- What’s really going on with teens right now, particularly around stress and overwhelm.
- Pressure leads to stress leads to overwhelm.
- Her new Focus Workshop and why she believes this is more important at the moment, rather than focusing on confidence.
- An insight into parenting in this age.
- The unique mix of what Gen Z is dealing with right now, including:
- Financial instability
- Terrorism – war can be considered ‘predictable’ whereas terrorism and threat could be imminent at any time
- The threat to the environment and climate change, along with their inbuilt desire to do something about it
- Technology – comes speed, necessity to operate at a faster speed, an overload of information to process and being ‘on’ constantly with social media
- There are a lot of layers to what technology is bringing to teen’s lives.
- It’s not their fault that they’re growing up in this world… but it is their responsibility to do something with their lives.
You can find Tanya at:
And if you want to work with teens too, head to Youthmentors.shinefromwithin.com.au to learn more about our Youth Mentor Training and download the quiz to find out your youth mentor archetype!
We acknowledge and pay respects to the Traditional Custodians of the lands on which we run our workshops and business.
We welcome students of all social, cultural, community and family backgrounds, and of all identities, and all abilities. Shine from Within is LGBTQIA+ friendly. Read our complete commitment to our social and environmental impact here.
Shine From Within® and Shine On The Inside® are registered trademarks of Amanda Rootsey T/A Shine From Within ABN 79216354231