Welcome to Season 2 of the Youth Mentor Podcast!
I’m excited to share some wonderful guests with you in this season…I’ve had some incredible conversations about:
- An amazing mental health program in schools that empowers young people to own their story
- How to deal with burnout as a parent, teacher or mentor and the different stages to expect when moving through change
- How we can support young people to love their bodies
- Sustainable menstruation products teens will love
- How to find your life purpose and support teens to do the same
- Raising girls’ voices: activism + feminism
- How to communicate well with your teens, without the drama + more!
Just a note: all of these episodes were recorded prior to this new world we seem to find ourselves in but as we’ve been editing them and reviewing them we’ve realised that it’s all still very relevant. But a good thing to keep in mind – we didn’t consider coronavirus in these chats and we may add in a few extras to the end of the season that focus specifically on these new challenges we’re facing.
We acknowledge and pay respects to the Traditional Custodians of the lands on which we run our workshops and business.
We welcome students of all social, cultural, community and family backgrounds, and of all identities, and all abilities. Shine from Within is LGBTQIA+ friendly. Read our complete commitment to our social and environmental impact here.
Shine From Within® and Shine On The Inside® are registered trademarks of Amanda Rootsey T/A Shine From Within ABN 79216354231